Divided into six sections and four appendices, the book starts with the patient consultation and concludes with a new section on fat-dissolving techniques using Kybella. The fillers section features new chapters on choosing the right filler, fine lines and skin boosters, the de Maio technique, the mandibular angle, poly-l-lactic acid for the dcollet, and gender-specific injections. All chapters follow a reader-friendly, consistent format with succinct paragraphs covering indications, injection techniques, anatomic considerations, precautions, risks, pearls, illustrations or photos, and additional reading. Select chapters reflect North American techniques utilized by the authors that vary from East Coast to West Coast.
– Precise, full-color illustrations by Sarah Faris afford a detailed look at underlying anatomy
– 75 superb short video clips narrated by Dr. Kontis provide procedural guidance
– A section dedicated to neurotoxin injections details the use of neuromodulators such as Botox and Dysport, with new chapters on neurotoxins for the dcollet and profusely sweating forehead
– A full spectrum of facial augmentation, rejuvenation, and volumization techniques are described, using hyaluronic acid fillers, hyaluronidase, Sculptra, Radiesse, BellaFill, and others
– Appendix A lists chapters by degree of difficulty, enabling injectors to safely advance to more challenging injection techniques
This is the essential quick-reference guide on injection techniques. Plastic surgeons, cosmetic surgeons, dermatologists, nurse injectors, and physician assistant/nurse practitioner injectors who wish to increase their knowledge of injection methods and refine skills will greatly benefit from this outstanding, easy-to-use manual.